Yield: 10 portions
- 2½ cups Rice, white long-grained
- 1¼ oz. Butter
- 6 oz. Onions, minced
- 1¼ ea. Garlic cloves, minced
- 1¼ ea. Cloves whole
- 4½ cups Water, hot
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Place the rice in a china cap and rinse under cold water until it runs clear. Drain the rice well before adding.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the butter over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and sauté until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice, stirring constantly until the rice has absorbed the butter and the grains are translucent. Add the whole cloves and the hot water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat, season the rice with salt and pepper, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
- Remove from the heat, cover and allow to stand 5 minutes until all the moisture is absorbed.
Join the conversation...