The national cocktail of Brazil! With Cachaca.
- 1 lime cut into ½-inch-thick wedges, then into ½-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon sugar, or more to taste
- ¼ cup cachaca
- Ice cubes or shaved ice
- Remove the white part of the membrane from the center of the lime pieces (it can give the drink a bitter taste).
- Place the pieces, pulp side up, in a mixing jar, add the sugar, and crush the pieces with a pestle.
- Add a little cachaca and crush the lime again.
- Add the rest of the cachaca and mix well. Add more sugar to taste if desired. Serve in the cocktail glass filled with ice.
Join the conversation...